“When people are looking around and thinking “it’s going to be too much work and it’s going to be too hard, I always like to say to people to make it work for you, what are your hobbies? What do you love? What could you talk about all day? Because these are the things that will not feel like work when it comes down to it.”
Today I’m so excited to have Katie Read on the podcast! Katie helps therapists create highly-converting websites and branding messages in her Website Whisperer Masterclass, and supports therapists who are ready to OUTgrow their practices add coaching, consulting, course creation, and more!
Katie talks all about how her concept of work-life balance as a creative was redefined when she decided to build her business around her life and focus on the things that she is truly passionate about. In this way, work rarely ever ends up feeling like “work”. She shares how different seasons of life and raising kids have caused her priorities to be in flux, and how she has managed to stay flexible as an entrepreneur as she continues to build her business.
- It’s important to continue dreaming even when your dreams for your business may not be actionable in the next week, month, or year.
- Katie realized that for her, planning vacations are a key way to avoid burnout.
- A guiding question for creating work/life balance is “How can my work be built around these priorities in my life?”
- Building a business “in alignment” means you have to choose between the good less often.
- Your priorities are going to change and shift with each season of your life.
- As you establish goals for your family and business, remember that life is not a race!
Listen + subscribe on iTunes // Stitcher
Referenced in the Show
Come join me in my Facebook Group!