“If we do not understand why we have a certain pattern, we cannot shift it.”
Today we’re talking about one of my favorite things – pricing! As a creative business owner, where do you get hung up with pricing? Are you pricing too low, pricing too high, or inconsistently pricing your goods and services?
You might be surprised to uncover that whatever your pattern is, there are beliefs that are underlying your current strategy. And in order to truly shift a belief, we have to understand what is underneath that belief.
- The possible belief you might have for pricing too low is that no one will really value what you do, or deep down you might not even value what you do.
- When business owners price too high, they might have some of the same beliefs as someone who prices too low. They may think “No one will buy this or value this anyway, so I might as well price high”.
- Now that we understand and know our beliefs around pricing let’s create a formula for your different industry using the 3 pillars that we talked about in the last episode as the foundation.
- First, let’s look at your priorities; what is your work taking you away from (ie sleep, family, etc.). This is something to consider when determining pricing.
- Now, let’s look at consistency. How long can you sustain your business with your prices at the level you are considering? Would your current rate of work be sustainable for the next 3-6 months at your current price and rate of sales?
- Remember that once you create your pricing formula with the tools I give you in the Panic Free Pricing download, the formula won’t work if you don’t use it when you need it.
- If you haven’t already joined, my Facebook community for creative business owners we love to talk about all things pricing! Bring your questions and comments there after the show.
If you enjoyed this episode I invite you to take a screenshot and tag me on your Instagram stories @naphtalivroberts and tell me what you thought about it!
Do you want an extra business brain, heart and set of eyes on your business to reach your BIG goals in 2020? Work with me!
Listen + subscribe on iTunes // Stitcher
Referenced in the Show
If you haven’t already joined, my Facebook community for creative business owners we love to talk about all things pricing! Bring your questions and comments there after the show.