“The ideal guided accountability partner is not your best friend but the person who’s going to bring out the best in you.”
On today’s podcast, I talk with the thoughtful Charlena Smith. Charlena talks today all about guided accountability: how it works, who is it for and how to make it work for you!
“Once upon a time, Charlena almost died.
No, really. She had a debilitating traumatic disease during pregnancy and a legit near-death experience. When she got back into the swing of things, she made a decision to find purposeful and fulfilling work. Although it was exciting to do things like plan Beyonce’s 21st birthday party and co-plan the Death & Dying conference with the Dalai Lama, Charlena knew intentionally slowing down a bit and finding the spot where she could make the most impact was what she needed to do.”
-Charlena Smith Biography
The creation of Optio has become the framework of Charlena’s purpose. Using both demographic and psychographic markers, Optio matches members that holistically expand each other’s perspectives, creating Guided Accountability partners that yield a 97% success rate on goals.
Between being a mama to two amazing primary-grade kiddos and a wife to a legit NASA rocket scientist, Charlena is committed to helping women entrepreneurs see the power in vulnerability, understand the malleability of their personalities, and build partnerships and communities that stretch all of us toward our biggest accomplishments.
- Guided accountability is leading someone through the act of being accountable, all while being in a safe space
- People’s individual personality traits are critical when picking an accountability partner
- Are you doing what you “should be doing” or what you want to be doing? If you are ‘should-ing’ all over yourself then you can benefit from guided accountability
Listen + subscribe on iTunes // Stitcher
Referenced in the Show
- Book a Call With Naphtali
- Episode 5: The One Right Way to do Business and Life
- Facebook Live with Charlena Smith
- Free Personality Quiz: https://www.myoptio.org/quick-quiz/
- Optio Facebook Page
Come join me in my facebook group: