“When I started to get reconnected with my body, I started to recognize something. I had more feelings than I had allowed myself to experience.”
Today I felt prompted to share with you some of the recent work and breakthroughs I made in identifying the presence and role of anger in my own life. Anger is not an emotion I really even recognized or felt like I really experienced prior to getting married. Now, being married to someone who is healthy yet comfortable with anger when it surfaces, I have had to face it in a brave new way.
I will share with you a recent experience of how I experienced anger, took time to recognize it, and had the courage to express it when I was calm, having had time to process it. As an Enneagram 9, this is no easy task but I am discovering why anger is important and am even more grateful to share these reflections with you!
- If you feel like you never experience anger, it can be a sign that you are avoiding it, controlling it, or internalizing it.
- The Enneagram Profile is an excellent tool for recognizing how you look, feel, and act when you are healthy as well as unhealthy.
- Getting connected with your physical body can often release internal emotions.
- It is easy to come into contact with anger and not be prepared to respond to it in a healthy way.
- Two helpful questions for dealing with anger when it surfaces are:
- Am I angry right now?
- Do I need to express it?
Listen + subscribe on iTunes // Stitcher
Referenced in the Show
Come join me in my Facebook Group!