“As long as I’m something people want, they’re going to pay me money. So how do I become something people want?”
Today is a huge treat on the podcast: we have the pleasure of talking to the Boss Mom herself, Dana Malstaff! If you’re not familiar with Dana, she is the CEO and Founder of Boss Mom. She’s a mother, author, speaker, business strategist, podcaster, blind spot reducer, and movement maker. Dana launched the Boss Mom brand with her first book Boss Mom: The Ultimate Guide to Raising a Business & Nurturing Your Family Like a Pro in 2015 and quickly grew to a six-figure business within a year.
She now has over 20,000 students in various courses, a Facebook group 40k strong with 75% monthly engagement and helps women all over the world raise their businesses and babies at the same time. She believes that we need to show our children that doing what we love can be financially viable.
You can connect with Dana and learn more about what she does in her Facebook Group Boss Moms, on Facebook, see what she’s up to on Instagram, or at her website, http://www.boss-mom.com.
- Dana shares some of the scariest decisions she’s made in business – and what she thinks about taking those risks now.
- Why having the courage to change your mind and run with your best idea, not just a good idea, is a strategy that’s worked for Dana.
- Her thoughts on building a team in a way that supports success and why hiring an operations director in her business were key in her growth.
- How to be consistent but not boring!
- Why having friends that challenge you instead of just adding more ideas is key.
If you enjoyed this episode I invite you to take a screenshot and tag me on your Instagram stories @naphtalivroberts and tell me what you think!
Do you want an extra business brain, and set of eyes on your business to reach your BIG goals in 2020? Work with me!
Listen + subscribe on iTunes // Stitcher
Referenced in the Show
- Book a Call With Naphtali
- All Girl Shave Club
- Magic School bus phrase: “Take chances, make mistakes, get messy!”
If you haven’t already joined my Facebook community for creative business owners, we would love to see you there! Bring your questions and comments there after the show and let us know – do you shave your legs every day?