“It’s time to stop DI-hacking your books!”
If the words “bookkeeping” and “accounting” make you want to hide or change the subject, today’s episode is for you. I’m not going to beat around the bush. If you are a freelancer, you are an entrepreneur and it’s important that you understand your responsibility when it comes to your finances and paying taxes. But today’s guest, Diana Torres is with me to dispel some of that doom and gloom. Diana shares some super practical tips to make bookkeeping something you can stay on top of in just twenty minutes a month. Diana offers done-for-you services or can work with you one on one so you can feel confident tracking your numbers all on your own.
In our discussion, we talk about the fact that knowing the numbers in your business can help you make strategic decisions with confidence. Diana shares her advice for how much to set aside for taxes and why you should tuck it away before you have the chance to spend it. We even talk about some money mindset blunders that can be common for creatives. But more importantly, when you are smart about tracking your numbers, you always have the capacity to impact more people with the beauty and creativity you bring to the world. So if you’re ready to stop DI-hacking your books and praying you have all your receipts somewhere at tax time, listen in!
- Tracking your business numbers could help you save hundreds or even thousands in tax deductions.
- Being accountable in bookkeeping can prevent you from making impulsive purchases.
- Understanding your financial responsibility as an entrepreneur is an important piece of taking yourself and your business seriously.
If you enjoyed this episode I invite you to take a screenshot and tag me on your Instagram stories @naphtalivroberts and tell me what you think!
Do you want an extra business brain, and set of eyes on your business to reach your BIG goals in 2020? Work with me!
Listen + subscribe on iTunes // Stitcher
Connect with Diana Torres
Powerhouse Momma Facebook Group
Referenced in the Show
- Episode: How to Make a Budget When You Aren’t Sure How Money You Will Make
- Episode: Getting Your Creative Business Legal and Legit with Emily D Baker
- Book a Call With Naphtali
If you haven’t already joined my Facebook community for creative business owners, we would love to see you there! Bring your questions and comments there after the show!