“While I may not be able to control whether or not I actually have a thought, I can absolutely take charge of my response to it”
Lee Chaix McDonough
Today we are so lucky to have Lee Chaix McDonough on the podcast. Lee is a certified coach, therapist and founder of Caravel Coaching. After over a decade as a licensed clinical social worker and public health professional, Lee entered the coaching field to help spiritually-oriented entrepreneurs grow successful businesses and create fulfilling lives.
Lee talks to us about how the thoughts that we think are a powerful influence on our life and business – and how to take charge of those thoughts. She also gets real about belonging and what it has meant in her life and business.
You can learn more about Lee by checking out her website, or by reading her book Act on Your Business.
- When you have persistent self-doubt, it’s important to have an answer for that doubt already formulated in your own mind. For example, if you find yourself asking ‘who am I to do this or offer this’ you can remind yourself of who you are, who you serve and why it’s important to you.
- Meaning, mindset and mindfulness are the pillars of being able to incorporate the practice of recognizing thought patterns that don’t serve you and building your thought responses.
- Mindfulness simply means being present in the moment. A mindfulness practice can include meditation, but it does not have to.
- The mindset work involves changing the way you relate to your thoughts and emotions. When we are not only aware of the thoughts we are having but choose our response to our thoughts, we are bringing mindfulness and mindset together.
- The first step of this process is to understand that what you’re thinking and what you’re feeling is perfectly understandable given your life experience.
- When thoughts come up, pretend you are a scientist: get really curious about those thoughts without any judgment.
Listen + subscribe on iTunes // Stitcher
Referenced in the Show
- Book a Call With Naphtali
- Episode 3: Is Mindfulness Practical For You
- Work Your Inner Wisdom Podcast
- Work Your Inner Wisdom Facebook Group
Come join me in my Facebook Group!